Manpower are currently recruiting for an People Advisor for a prestigious organisation based in Birmingham City Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our People Team on a 6-month fixed term contract as a People Advisor. You'll be accountable for coaching, facilitating and supporting management teams across the organisation to proactively resolve all complex People-related matters that arise.
Day to day you'll lead on a broad spectrum of People activities including (but not limited to):
- Managing all generalist People activity within the employee lifecycle for your allocated client areas
- Partnering managers to resolve ER issues in line with legislation and best practice, alongside building effective relationships with our trade unions
- Supporting change programmes to deliver the organisation design needs
- Proactively supporting the performance management process, and managing any capability issues that may arise
- Identifying and delivering training and development interventions to up-skill our teams on core people-management competencies, e.g. absence, conduct or performance management
- Collaborating with our Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing Manager to deliver initiatives to improve employee experience and wellbeing
- Working with our Recruitment Partner to support with recruitment and selection activity as required
- Working closely with People Business Partners to deliver the People Agenda and assist with ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Applying knowledge and experience to help identify improvements within People policies and procedures, providing recommendations for change
You'll bring an expert knowledge of people management, change management and employment legislation to the role, and be able to demonstrate well-rounded risk management and mitigation and problem-solving skills. You'll be supported by a team of People Advisors and will work closely with the wider People Team, to provide a professional, consistent and expert service, supporting strategic activity within our Directorates and making a significant contribution in enabling the organisation to achieve its objectives each year.
We are looking for an experienced People Advisor with a strong, generalist background in Human Resources who can demonstrate the following:
- A credible and confident HR Professional with an excellent knowledge of generalist HR and employment law
- Effective stakeholder management skills, collaborative and able to challenge and influence as appropriate
- Commercially astute, with the ability to tailor approach based on business priorities
- Experience in managing complex People issues, ER cases and change programmes
- Proactive decision-making and problem-solving skills, ability to use initiative and work autonomously with a solutions-focussed approach
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- A supportive, inclusive team-player with a focus on both personal and team learning and development, with a continuous improvement mindset
- A passion for creating an excellent employee experience
This position is a 6 month FTC paying £29,147 - £35,000 (pro rata for the 6 month period we're recruiting for)