Overall Purpose: Provide a high level of expertise in a specific field in the delivery of planned investment (E.g. Leasehold, M&E, Project Management, Surveying Services, or Chartered Surveyor). Work with internal and external stakeholders to provide high levels of customer service, design and quality, value for money and Health & Safety.
* Deliver planned investment projects within a regional area or area of 'expertise' to ensure that high quality, value for money works are delivered to the right buildings, at the optimum time.
* Manage a small team of surveyors effectively within a defined geographical area or for an area of work
* Ensure that projects are administered effectively and that contractors are monitored and managed robustly.
* Work collaboratively with delivery teams and service providers to ensure delivery is compliant with contracts, specifications and schedule of rates, fully documenting decision-making and variations.
* Support the Regional Planned Investment Manager in maximising and monitoring performance.
* Provide workload delivery, financial and contractor performance data.
* Lead on the procurement of work outside of the framework contracts in compliance with Section 20, OJEU and Governance processes.
* Work with colleagues and external agencies to produce, maintain and update specifications for work to be delivered.
* Ensure timely investigation and response to complaints.
* Discharge all Regulatory and Procedural H&S obligations effectively and ensure that actions identified in risk assessments are completed and relevant systems updated.
* Provide Principle Designer duties, as set out in CDM Regulations, for specific projects within expertise.
* Support the protection and safety of our customers by identifying safeguarding concerns and following appropriate procedures.
* Annual programme of planned works team responsible for is delivered successfully.
* Team members led and managed effectively.
* High levels of customer satisfaction achieved with targets met or exceeded.
* VFM is achieved and services are delivered in compliance with contract documents, legal requirements and internal governance.
* Effective communication internally and externally with all stakeholders.
* High quality, professional service is delivered and service providers through effective partnership working.
* KPI data is collected, monitored and required standards are met or exceeded.
* Safeguarding concerns are recorded and sent to the appropriate specialist team
Excellent knowledge of building construction or a specialised M&E field or delivery of construction projects for leasehold customers.
* Ability to successfully manage and motivate surveying or technical staff.
* Successful track record of delivering building surveying services or M&E projects, and management of substantial work programmes in a similar environment.
* Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, building regulation, standards and ability to manage Health & Safety on site effectively building pathology.
* Ability to survey buildings, diagnose defects and specify required works, or where necessary manage expert external consultants.
* Delivering excellent standards of customer service and the ability to deliver accurate and clear communications in writing, face to face or by telephone.
* Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Housing and Property Management systems.
* Experience of preparing and issuing performance reports.
* Level 5 (HND) or above qualification in building, construction, surveying or related subject.
* Chartered Surveyor (MRICS, MCIOB or equivalent) or
* Member of recognised professional body (APM or similar)
* NEBOSH Certification in Construction or SMSTS with demonstrable experience