I am currently supporting a Global Chemical Manufacturing Client to find an experienced Chemical Process Operative/Technical Manufacturing Operative working on brand new, state of the art fractional distillery machinery. The Client is a world leader in the manufacture of liquid plastic, coatings, adhesives & sealants, & you will play an integral part of the Team - ensuring that all manufacturing functions are completed on schedule and according to EHS, quality and customer requirements, following company/plant SOP's, 5S methodology & continuous improvement plans at all times.
What do you need to succeed in your application?
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a "batch manufacturing" role & be experienced in chemical manufacturing, in "particular distillation" procedures, health & safety legislation, 5s, Lean and continuous improvement.
- Experience of working on a COMAH site
- Knowledge of COSHH categories & appropriate handling of chemicals is desirable.
- Strong team player who can work effectively with other team members.
- Knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office programs.
- Capacity & flexibility to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience of using FLT equipment.
- Basic numeracy and literacy (I will conduct a short test for this)
What will your day look like?
- You will conduct all required activities following Health & Safety guidelines and to the customer requirements, following procedures and processes utilised for the manufacture and dispatch of company products to ensure the company quality standards are maintained.
- To ensure all faults, batch quality issues and general batch/order issues are promptly reported to supervision.
- To contribute to and be proactive with regard to Continuous Improvement and to utilise best practice at all times.
- You will follow Legislation guidelines, safety standards and site Plant Operating Procedures for safe systems at work.
- To ensure all section and department reports, records and checks (General & EHS) are generated and maintained as required and scheduled.
- To check the work produced by other team members at appropriate stages of the process and to highlight any discrepancies.
Working days: Monday to Friday
Shift Pattern: Rotating 3 Shift Pattern 06:00 to 14:15 /14:00 to 22:15 / 22:00 to 06:15
Click apply now, or if you would like to understand more about the Client & the role then please call for immediate consideration