HR Co-ordinator - 6 month FTC
Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a HR Co-ordinator on a 6 month fixed term contract basis.
This is a HR generalist role where you'll carry out the administrative tasks for the entire life cycle of an employee in a fast-paced environment.
Where the workload is shared, you will also provide support to the HR Advisors and Senior HR Business Partner.
- Accountable for the on boarding and off boarding processes. Activities include but are not limited to; creating employee folders, updating relevant HR trackers, compiling references and security checks. Adding joiners and removing leavers to relevant HR databases in a timely manner. Carrying out inductions for all new employees and exit interviews.
- Monitor the HR shared inbox and being the responsible person for answering the majority of HR queries.
- Responsible for monitoring and logging short and long term sickness and updating relevant HR trackers.
- Manage workflows and apply relevant approvers within SuccessFactors relating to recruitment.
- Collation of monthly payroll submissions and checking of the overall payroll reports.
You'll gain experience from working in a complex and varied business sector where you'll get exposure and involvement within a unionised environment. This is a great opportunity to develop your HR and payroll skills.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have proven experience within a HR generalist role.
We would also like you to hold experience in all or some of the following:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
- Payroll experience advantageous
- Good knowledge and experience of using Office 365
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Strength in Diversity
Advancing an inclusive and diverse Babcock
In Babcock, we are committed to equality of opportunity and we appreciate and value the benefit we get from the different life experiences of all of our colleagues. We will continually strive to improve the diversity within our organisation because we know we're not representative of the society we work within and we want to change that. Although we have some way to go to achieve our ambitions, we want to continue to attract the best talent, no matter who they are or how they identify. This will ensure our culture is one centred around respect and inclusivity with people at the heart of what we do. Not because we are the same, but because we accept individuals for who they are and value their differences.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 31/03/2021