About the Role
Working as part of our Defence Systems Technology (DST) business we're looking for a Configuration manager to join us. DST forms a critical part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, our 1,500 strong team operate from a number of sites across the UK and internationally ensuring our global customer portfolio is always supported.
Defence Systems Technology (DST) is transforming and we need you to support our drive for growth, and to perform a key role supporting and leading our teams through exciting, but sometimes challenging situations. You'll play a key role in ensuring we fully support our Customer in managing the configuration of complex systems and equipment, growing our contracts and building strong customer relationships, implementing our ambitious strategy.
As the Configuration Manager you will be responsible for reviewing enterprise wide Configuration Management plans and policies as well as identifying Configuration Management requirements for the scope of supply. You'll ensure the aspect of design, manufacture or supply associated with an equipment or asset within the project's contract is effectively managed throughout the programme and equipment lifecycle.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading defence engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of high profile projects.
You will need to have extensive experience in configuration management and have the gravitas to work within a multi-disciplinary team. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
* Manage and deliver the Configuration Management requirements against the overall CM plan business policy and contractual requirements or the programme.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining the local Configuration Management processes.
* Ensuring the principles of Configuration Management are fully embedded in the business and effective from the earliest phases of a project, through to final product disposal.
* Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely update of the Master Parts Catalogue and Software / Hardware serial item controlled configuration schedules.
* Responsible for delivering continuous improvement throughout program Configuration Management activities and the wider program enterprise.
* Responsible for communicating processes, ensuring they are accurately documented and are reported through the approved toolset.
What do I need to do the role?
* Have a positive "can do" attitude.
* Demonstrate a drive to deliver results on time, meeting cost and quality targets, taking ownership of problems / issues whilst working diligently towards a resolution.
* Be a good communicator, both written and oral, and able to liaise at all levels with customers/stakeholders.
* Suitably qualified to HNC as minimum.
What else do I need to know?
* The role will be based at our brand new offices in North Bristol.
* We welcome discussions around flexible working.
* Full time permanent position.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.