Our client are a leading food service provider who supply customers across the UK and Ireland.
We are recruiting a Transport Planner who will join the transport team managing customer deliveries.
Suitable candidates will need experience working in a transport/ logistics enviornment with good knowledge of relevant legislation and driving hours.
As part of the transport team you will help plan structured and efficient delivery schedules. A high standard of customer service, attention to detail, accurate reporting and effective communication is essential. The Role:
- Daily allocation of transport resources to include Drivers, Helpers & Vehicles in accordance with route knowledge & hours ensuring compliance in the fleet
- Co-ordinating the nightly trunk plan to depots across Ireland
- Daily Route Planning
- On time delivery reporting
- Reviewing the new distribution model and making improvements where necessary
- Fuel allocations
- Using I.T applications and Microsoft packages to update information
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar transport / logistics planning role is essential
- Excellent knowledge of working time directive and driving hours
- CPC qualified or working towards it
- Full Driving Licence
- IT Literate in Word and Excel
- Attention to detail, punctual and confident communicator
Working hours Mon to Fri 10am - 7pm with Sundays on a rotation Competitive salary is on offer in addition to other benefits such as free on site parking, subsidies canteen, development opportunities, staff discount, local gym membership.