Our client are a leading machinery rental company who are seeking to recruit a Buyer to join their purchasing & supply chain team.
As part of the purchasing team you will be responsible for purchasing parts and other products relating to the fleet of machinery, negotiating with suppliers and ensuring that purchasing of parts is in line with service maintenance department schedules.
Suitable candidates will have either purchasing/ buyer experience or parts sourcing experience, preferably in engineering, motor or heavy industry environments.
- Negotiate with current and future suppliers to achieve best price agreements
- Work with service managers and maintenance teams to ensure purchasing of parts is in line with service schedules and supports customer service levels
- Maintain stock inventories and ensure agreed level of items are available
- Manage open orders and push for timely deliveries
- Source parts that are not usual stock items
- Commercially aware of budget and spend with any cost saving initiatives
- Manage supplier relationships and review performance to quality, price and lead times are optimal
- Run reports, data and collate information for agreed MI
What we are looking for
- Buyer, Purchasing or Parts sourcing experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- IT proficient using relevant software
- Knowledge of purchasing/ supply chain industry
- Relevant qualification in procurement or supply chain desirable
- Experience in engineering/ plant/ machinery industry desirable
Full driving license required
Competitive salary is on offer, working Monday to Friday