Our client, one of the UK's leading energy providers based in Bridgwater is looking for a Chemistry Technician. The successful applicant will work within the Chemistry Group and will complete chemistry monitoring and surveillance as outlined by the Station Chemist/Chemistry Group Head. You will also assist the Chemistry Group Head in providing a comprehensive chemistry service to the station which is focused on safe, compliant, and efficient operation in accordance with all licences, regulating bodies, company business strategies and industry best practice.
Nature and Scope
- Carrying out chemistry monitoring and surveillance in accordance with programmes set by the Chemistry Group Head/Station Chemist
- Provides routine operational advice and guidance within agreed limits.
- Maintains overview of laboratory stocks and instrumentation.
- Performs routine monitoring and surveillance of chemical plant systems within defined areas.
- Maintains laboratory facilities and supplies.
- Maintains and overview of Station bulk chemical stocks
- Records data in station LIMS and reports any anomalous results to the Chemistry Group Head, Station Chemist, Chemistry Engineer as appropriate.
- Carries out chemical conditioning of plant systems
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
The ideal candidate would have knowledge and experience of process or analytical chemistry.
As a minimum, entrants will be educated to GCSE/National Qualification standards (or equivalent). Candidates with these qualifications that include "4" and above grade passes in English and Mathematics will have an advantage. Candidates with an ONC/A level or equivalent in chemistry or a related science will also have an advantage.
If successful, you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary assignment at our client's site and will need to undergo BPSS checks as well as a drug & alcohol test.
Unfortunately, due to the number of CVs received we are unable to contact everyone in person. If you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application, unfortunately, your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.