Job Title: Import Clerk
Salary: Up to £30,000k
Hours: Mon - Fri
Annual Leave: 20 days
Benefits: Pension, on-site parking
Manpower are recruiting 2 experienced Import Clerks for our client based in Ipswich.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful small but growing logistics company at a time of transformation.
About the role:
The core focus of this role is to provide an efficient operational and excellent customer service.
- Customer Service - providing excellent customer service to all customers. Dealing directly with and developing relationships with customers by telephone or electronically.
- Operationally handle Import bookings, Customs Clearance and process in-house system for shipment.
- Full understanding of operational requirements relating to Ocean Imports Bookings, including documentation to be issued and/or managed in accordance to customer instructions.
- To ensure that the customer is invoiced accurately and within expected company timeframe.
- Full understanding of Industry Standard Documentation.
- Proactively grow our business from existing customers and cross sell at all opportunities.
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify new opportunities to increase GP levels. Maintaining financial awareness as well as business acumen.
- Experience of working in an Ocean freight environment is essential, demonstrable experience within Imports is essential.
- Strong proven planning & organisational skills.
- Strong demonstrable customer service skills.
- A collaborator and effective team player.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
If this role interests you, let us know and apply!