One of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
What is the Role?
The key purpose of this position will be to support the Regional Commercial Manager and Team in providing commercial support within the region for M&E works. You'll provide end to end commercial support, including developing the commercial strategy for specific projects or contracts by maintaining and maximising profitability and minimising risk. You'll also support regional stakeholders on general commercial matters in order to reduce risk across the business.
Main responsibilities for this role will include :
- Understanding and negotiating contract terms for projects and mitigating risks these may place upon the company prior to any agreement.
- Maintaining dialogue with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to contract administration status of specified projects,
- Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of risk, costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, variations, claims, Sub-Contract management, sales declared and consequently profit declared.
- Pre-Contract support - review and negotiate Terms & Conditions, assisting with Tenders, Bids and negotiations to manage and minimise risk in line with our Corporate Governance
- Provide end to end Commercial Management and Contract Administration on Contracts and Projects
- Be proactive in your approach to providing commercial support and resolving issues and disputes
- Ensure entitlement to recovery of revenue, variations and costs are fully demonstrated and recovered in accordance with the Contract
- Improve accuracy and robustness of Budgets & Forecasts
- Support implementation and embedding of Commercial processes
- Manage Subcontractors and Supply Chain to deliver the project objectives and minimise disputes, claims and domestic variations
- Ensuring timely issue and receipt of Valuations, Applications, Payment Notices along with critical focus on WIP, Debt and Cashflow
- Provide general advice, challenge and support on contractual matters, including; tender settlements, subcontract negotiations, preparing and reviewing CVRs, settling final accounts, claims, variations, monthly P&L reviews, and budgeting & forecasting.
What do I need?
You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying with demonstrable previous experience in the role, overseeing Mechanical & Electrical packages of work for a construction or engineering environment.
You will have a comprehensive commercial understanding of contract price build-ups and proven experience in managing Contractual relationships between clients, customers and contractors.
You will have an excellent ability to read and understand contract clauses and documents and be adept at communicating these to all levels within the business.
You will be an analytical and methodical individual with a professional attitude to your work. You'll have excellent people management skills and be a team player, able to build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.