Millions of people get their gas and electricity from EON, at home and at work. We're one of the UK's top energy companies - and this is your chance to join us join us and assist in managing the impact of environmental regulations on our UK businesses whilst delivering cost effective compliance and effective environmental risk management.
This position is home based however, due to the current situation with Covid-19, we will require flexibility for you to work both at home and travel to site (nationwide) , any equipment needed for you to complete your role will be provided and we will be here to support you throughout this.
About the role:
In this role, you will be working to support our various UK businesses in meeting their environmental obligations. This is a wide ranging and varied role - For example, you could be assisting a project team to obtain the necessary environmental consents and permits for a new CHP (Combined Heat and Power) Energy Centre on one day, undertaking an environmental audit within an operational business the next or engaging with business leaders to implement a new environmental initiatives or representing EON at an industry environmental forum. You will be able to provide Technical environmental advice for combustion facilities and Environmental Management system support.
We're looking for someone with a proactive "can do" attitude, who as well as being technically competent, possesses strong influencing and negotiation skills to enable us to achieve the best outcomes with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A degree in a physical or environmental science with experience in an appropriate discipline;
- An understanding of environmental legislation and standards;
- An understanding of Environmental Management Systems;
- Experience of environmental regulation in an industrial context.
- A good working knowledge of key PC based computer systems
- Full current UK driving licence or access to public transport links
- A professional qualification such as IEMA membership or similar, or be working towards this;
- An extensive understanding of environmental legislation and standards;
You'll join us on a fixed term basis for a minimum of 12 months. There's a range of great benefits on offer too:
- The pay will be £37,384 per annum
- You'll start with 28 days pro-rata annual leave year, but after 12 weeks this will increase to 34 days pro-rata (including bank holidays)
Interested? Click 'apply' to start your application today.