My client is a fortune 500 company and one of the leading distributors of medical device in the world. They have partnered with The ManpowerGroup to assist them in finding their new materials manager.
This role is a key role in the business, they have been putting together and excellent senior management team for time now and this is the last position to complete the team. You will have a strong team of 7 and a strong level of support from the senior management team.
- Manage purchasing activities.
- Develop and maintain an active program in seeking new products and new sources of raw materials.
- Develop and implement policies and programs for establishing the most economic and efficient production master schedules.
- Direct inventory control activities, develop and implement policies and programs for maintaining the required quantity of acceptable materials for production at the required time and at a minimum investment while maintaining an established ratio of inventory turnover.
- To promote and maintain safety, health and welfare in accordance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To lead, motivate and develop your team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Prepare and present annual budget for the department and manage activities within the limitations of the approved budget.
- Carry out projects and duties as assigned by your manager in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
- Prepare and present weekly, monthly and annually quality, cost, and performance metrics as required by the management team.
- Attend and drive monthly S&OP processes with all major suppliers and customers as required by the business.
- 5 - 10 years experience in Supply chain management, Materials management or Purchasing.
- Past experience in a highly regulated and dynamic team environment
- An ability to communicate to and engage peers, inside and outside , around project and development opportunities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in appropriate discipline.
- Knowledge of European Healthcare products and vendors.
- Sound working knowledge of computerised manufacturing systems (MRP etc.)
- Strong people management skills.