An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Brand Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £41,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
We are looking for a very passionate, skilled and hard-working marketer to assist leading the Magnum brand in the UK, the 3rd biggest brand of UL UK.
Synonymous with pleasure and indulgence, Magnum is well known for its unique cracking chocolate and ice cream experience and a strong purpose championing superior pleasure. This role comes at an exciting time for the brand as we launched a new brand communication idea and purpose in 2021 inspiring the nation to experience more moments of pleasure in their lives.
As the biggest brand in the UK Ice-Cream category, Magnum is the key growth engine of the category, executing some of the biggest innovations and marketing campaigns. As a result, we are looking for only the best candidates that demonstrate strong leadership and project management skills, and a real passion for consumers. We are looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, strong team players and enjoy working collaboratively with internal and external partners. Great skills in brand craftsmanship and a good understanding of local marketing and digital are also key to this role. If you're someone who is keen to learn, thrives in a fast-moving environment and turns challenges into decisive actions then we want to hear from you.
Portfolio & Innovation
- Assist with commercial delivery of the brand, including monitoring/reporting of in-market performance & actions, supporting with forecast assumptions and retailer engagement.
- Lead innovation projects including opportunity sizing, business cases, 6Ps mix strategy and launch activation plan.
- Work closely with CD team to define the right promotional strategy, portfolio priorities, pricing strategy.
- Present annual brand strategy and plans to external customers and internal UK & Global stakeholders.
- Help to implement vision and execution of new Magnum USLP (UL Sustainable Living Plan) in the UK.
- Inspire, brief & lead all agency teams to adapt and localise brand experience toolkits and work on ATL media plans.
- Assist with campaign planning such as Launch/PR Events, Media Partnerships or experiential activations.
- Assist with campaign delivery via all agency team including ATL & BTL, experiential & PR executions.
- Manage the supply of campaign creative assets; briefing adaptation or local creation.
- Manage the brand website, content updates & digital development projects.
- Deliver annual Magnum CRM plan and own community management & content for Magnum social channels.
- Need previous experience in a similar role with another FMCG lifestyle brand.
- A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their deep sense of creativity and logic, ambition, organisational and analytical skills, a head for figures and great instincts but also creative excellence, along with a desire to get stuck in and make things happen through their can-do attitude.
- A successful candidate will have good project management skills, high numeracy and data analysis for insight development.
- They will have a passion for brands, be able to demonstrate the UL Standards of Leadership and champion the consumer, shopper and customer in everything they do. A sense of curiosity is key in understanding the people we serve at a deeper level.
- Resilience, team orientation, ability to navigate through ambiguous and complex situations and taking initiatives are key.
- The ability to work confidently with multiple cross functional teams across geographies, with strong communication, good presentation skills and stakeholders influencing abilities.
- Being ambitious to learn as well as a real proactivity in their own development - learning as much as they can about UL and Marketing as a function.
- Be a team player.