Job Title: Project Engineer
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
About the role
The Project Engineer will operate in support of Project Managers to cover specific project tasks.
The Project Engineer is expected to apply the client's project management competencies to a sufficient level. They may be given project financial, commercial and resource decision-making and accountability but these aspects would be under varying levels of supervision.
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Deliver key project management and engineering functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project-reporting data on Project Controls and Finance systems.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
Ideally, you will have recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector and awareness of Engineering principles and common project challenges.
You will also require a bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent)
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing Date: 7th April 2021