An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SAP/ADP Payroll Specialist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Kingston upon Thames (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, working a 36.25 hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £35-£41K pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
The role involves managing the end to end UK payroll process, from ensuring that starters, leavers and transfers are all processed correctly (from HR Systems into Payroll system), reviewing payroll instructions and results to signing off payment/payrolls and off cycle pay runs. Working with stakeholders such as Pensions, Finance and third parties to allocate costs and outputs.
The role holder will primarily be required to liaise with the payroll vendor to ensure smooth delivery of payroll services (supporting a weekly payroll and 3 types of monthly payroll), investigating and resolving queries and escalations for which our Payroll and HR are used extensively.
Additional activities will include:
Responding to pay queries from People Experience Leads in the Payroll mailbox and resolving issues.
Reconciling payroll data and carrying out rigorous checks to ensure the highest standards of pay data quality.
Working with various HR, Global Mobility, and Global Reward teams to ensure that employee payroll data is correct and setup in time for cut off, as well as providing training and guidance to HR, GM or other stakeholders as needed.
Responsible (together with payroll provider) for ensuring that UK tax and social security is correctly calculated and paid over to the authorities. The Payroll team also needs to provide retroactive corrections to HMRC via the EYU process.
Corresponding with HMRC and other third parties, working with our tax providers to provide all compensation data requests for our Global Mobility population on the UK payroll.
Other ad hoc activities such as faster payment runs, tracking overpayments, ONS requests and checking the 3rd party payroll providers calculations.
- First-class customer service skills
- Experience working in and running a large payroll
- SAP GlobalView and Workday systems are used extensively and knowledge of either/both is very advantageous
- Knowledge of UK payroll legislation (such as PAYE, NIC, P60, P11d, P45, statutory payments) is preferable
- Experience of working with third party payroll vendors
- The successful candidate will be highly numerate and will have strong & advanced Excel skills to interrogate data
- An organised, can do attitude and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to pick up new processes and software quickly and multitask in a busy environment
- Experience in self-managing projects, tracking tasks and assessing progress, handling data accurately
- Strong communication skills, being able to explain complex scenarios to senior employees and stakeholders
- Attention to detail (data accuracy and identification of errors)
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills