An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Brand Manager (New Brands Skin Care) to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP (must be able to start before Mid-May). This role is paying up to £48,500 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join the global New Skincare Brands team and work on a very purposeful brand. A brand that is advocating for change in the skincare industry and is committed to driving equity in the service and treatment of melanin-rich skin.
Skin Care is the largest market in beauty & personal care, with significant growth and consumer engagement. The New Skincare Brands team has a brief to contribute significant growth, through the launch of completely new brands.
We are looking for a Global Brand Manager on MELÉ skincare. MELÉ launched in the US last year and was born from the unique belief that melanin-rich skin should always be a priority, and never an afterthought. The Global Brand Manager should be obsessed with beauty trends and digital and passionate about skincare, especially for women and men of colour - of all ethnicities.
You will lead and develop future innovations - products, proposition, communication strategy for the brand, collaborating closely with our local country partners, our co-creator dermatologists to execute in markets. You will execute brand vision, strategies and the innovation roadmap to deliver short and long-term goals.
- Product & Packaging Development. You will be fully responsible for defining the NPD roadmap for the brand and collaborating with your cross functional team, co-creators dermatologists to turn those ideas into reality. You will balance creativity and attention to detail to deliver great products designed for melanin-rich skin.
- Project Management. We are a small team, working at speed- this means we need great project management skills. You will co-ordinate and collaborating with a very tight-knit, globally diverse project team to make creative things happen, on time.
- Claims Development. Working with key partners (R&D, legal, technical, regulatory) to define claims and pack copy for our products that brings competitive edge and relevance for the audience.
- Comms & Content Development. With a focus on a true understanding of our target audience, consumer journey and passion points, you will define the comms requirements for the brand, ensure we have the assets the brand needs - specifically focused on digital, Omnichannel, social media & partnerships.
- Keeping up with the latest skincare trends, formats, products and sensories globally, especially and how brands are moving forward in the space of social responsibility and equity.
- Financial responsibility. you will be responsible for the brand P&L, with specific targets to grow turnover and margin
- Global brand management experience, product development & project management, roll-outs. USA market experience preferable.
- Huge personal passion for skincare, beauty & trends - particularly for melanin-rich skin. Prior experience in beauty, especially skin care is preferable.
- A clear passion for purpose and driving change.
- Strong track record in project management with good attention to detail & network management.
- Able to juggle big picture, strategic thinking with attention to detail in execution.
- Can do attitude, resilience and problem-solving mindset.
- Strong personal interest & experience in digital and/or eCommerce.
- Experience of working with multiple internal and external stakeholders and across multiple geographies.
- Strong interpersonal skills - a team player able to influence and collaborate.
- Able to stay flexible and agile in fast-paced work environment.