Manpower have a fantastic permanent opportunity for an operations manager to join Northern Europe's largest integrated shipping and logistics company where you will be responsible for the transport management and operations for the Shetland business.
You will be based at the site in Shetland where they primarily transport temperature controlled loads from the Shetland and Orkney islands to the UK mainland with return loads being varying products for the island communities. The Shetland site also has an on-site workshop and warehouse.
Salary is dependant on experience.
- Management of staff - operational & administrative.
- Maximising efficiency and profitability.
- Developing customer relationships - existing, potential and new customers.
- Support operational staff with planning and recording traffic movements and customer requirements.
- Monitoring delivery performance.
- Ensuring operators licence standards are upheld.
- Monitor and control of vehicle management and maintenance ensuring optimum fuel efficiencies, regular vehicle servicing, timely MOT's etc
- Support business development.
- Ensuring accurate KPI reporting.
- Promote a workplace culture that reflects the company's vision, values and major goals
- Leading Health and Safety objectives.
- Achieve all targets and meet all deadlines.
- Produce routine and ad-hoc reports.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, a competitive salary and a reputable employer then please submit your CV today!