Shropshire (A442 / A464 area).
£30,000 - £40,000, dependent on experience.
Having recently celebrated their 160th anniversary, and proud to be one of the oldest businesses of their kind, my client has built an enviable reputation and is seen by many, as the 'go to' company for metal finishing services; not only locally but also throughout the UK. They believe their success has been built upon exacting the highest of quality standards, an un-wavered customer-focused service and by continuing to invest in the training and development of their highly-skilled workforce - who are always recognised and rewarded.
To compliment further growth, an opportunity has now arisen for a QHSE Officer to join them. Reporting to the General Manager, this business-critical role will be integral to the company's success and will provide the perfect opportunity for a talented, pragmatic professional, to further develop their career within a 'safety critical,' industrial facility. Does this sound like you?
In an ideal world, my client would like to find someone from a metal processing or manufacturing background however, this isn't essential. You should also hold a NEBOSH or IMEA qualification (or be working towards one) and experience of working within the boundaries of ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 would be utopia.
Regardless of where you come from, you should be a diligent by nature and comfortable working in a fast-moving manufacturing environment. The key areas of responsibility for this role are as follows:
- Carrying out site inspections, risk assessments and providing overall Health and Safety advice to the site.
- Maintain the companies ISO 9001 & ISO 45001 accreditation.
- Inducting new employees with regards to Health and Safety and carrying out ongoing 'on the job' training.
- Regularly reviewing company health & safety procedures and policies.
- Ensuring the site complies with statutory and company requirements and supporting line management in delivering site QHSE objectives.
- Creating manuals and documents.
- Recording and investigating accidents and following through with corrective actions, if required.
- Fire Safety
- Develop the QHSE Communication Strategy for the site and all levels of staff.
In return, my client is offering an excellent starting salary of £30,000 - £40,000, with further progression options available within the group, for those who want it. The company are easily accessible from Telford, Shifnal, Bridgnorth and the surrounding areas.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply online.