WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE REQUIRED ASAP
My client is based in Harwell therefore any candidates applying for this role must have a full driving licence and a car that can be used on a daily basis as the shift pattern will be either 6.00am - 2.00pm or 3.00pm - 11.00pm which will be on a fortnightly rota.
The Operations team partners closely with the companies five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer and Technical Services, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Focused on enabling new product introduction and operating excellence, our team strives to improve time to market for new products and services, improve efficiencies in our cross-functional processes, and improve our supply chain through digitisation and automation to increase value add to our customers.
The primary role of Supply Chain function is to be responsible for all operational activities including key deliverables such as planning and analysing resources and ensuring items are packaged according to specifications. Coordinating import and export. Performing distribution centre/warehousing processing and distribution of orders. Developing & maintaining master schedule, pertaining to transport and cost effectiveness. Maintaining inventory levels. Identifying delivery problems, solutions, and improvement of transportation service levels.
- The primary objective of Warehouse Support specialisation within Supply Chain is to support the global sales network by delivering components and products to both internal and external customers and to support the business in the area of inventory management.
- Key responsibilities include ensuring effective receipt, storage and handling of product, tools and services whilst adhering to the companies Quality and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Tasks include taking delivery of goods into a warehouse for sorting, stacking and storage, picking and packing items for dispatch, work order picking, product movement and handling, product Issuing and transfer processing.
- Ensures the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control.
- Support roles consist of work in a: clerical, administrative or specialised support tasks in an office or field setting, specialised technical tasks or skilled craft work and unskilled or semi-skilled operational tasks.
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- Has broad knowledge of routines and procedures to handle day to day situations.
- Will generally only require instructions on new assignments.