Job Title: Senior Project Manager x 2
Location: North West (Warrington x 1 & Cumbria x 1)
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
About this role:
Here at Cavendish Nuclear during an exciting period of growth we are looking to recruit two experienced Project Managers to join business units in our Warrington and Westlakes Office, Cumbria to lead a variety of technical projects to our Nuclear Customers.
These Senior Project Management roles involve managing complex projects and operating at an advanced level. Leading a significant project within the organisation and possibly Project Managers with less complex sub projects.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
* Delivery of project to the baseline schedule/cost and performance in line with project and business success criteria
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project , defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the company Business Management System;
* Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss); agree plans with the Sponsor and submit/present regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken
* Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
* Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar high hazard / high integrity environment
* Extensive experience in a Technical Project Management position
* Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3, NEC4/JCT etc…)
* Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
For the Warrington opportunity we are particularly interested to hear from candidates with project management experience of EPC type enterprise level programmes from conceptual design stage
* A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field, or demonstrable relevant career experience in a similar role
* APM qualified preferably to Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.