At Shutterfly, we're all about people - bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers' memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalised products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life's joy. Snapfish was built to help people archive and share photos. For almost 2 decades, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world store and share photos with one another. With over a 90 million people using the service globally, a career at Snapfish offers countless ways to make an impact in an organisation that holds memories and stories throughout the world for generations to come.
About the Opportunity
A great opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Creative Designer. You will be part of a small team working with the UK and IE Consumer team to deliver product designs used by our customers in their creations.
Is this role for you?
You will support the overall company objectives by delivering a variety of designs, for various occasions (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day…), subjects (pets, holidays…) and products (greeting cards, mugs, wall art…). You will work from home and/or (when permitted) from our London office in Soho.
As a key member of the Merchandising team, you will be keen to take on what needs to get done, working with the local Category Managers and the Design Production team based in the US to deliver a great design service.
- Express your creativity: develop new graphical concepts or repurpose existing concepts to create graphics/visual content for our products.
- Translate creative briefs into designs.
- Work across all categories: greeting cards, personal gifts, home décor…
- Incorporate in every creation the possibility for the customer to further personalise it by adding content (photos) or text.
- Present your design ideas to the Category Managers.
- Adapt/comp the designs to the various product specs.
- Finalise the assets to hand them over to the Design Production team.
- Maintain our professional and consistent "house style" standards of art working.
- Seasonal and ongoing research for the UK/IE markets for current and future trends.
Key skills required
- Excellent knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop imperative.
- Illustration skills (freehand or CAD).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Traditional typography/print skills.
- Totally immersed in style and culture.
- If possible, a British sense of humour.
- Ability to take and adapt to performance feedback.
- Highly organised (file management) and capable of working to and managing deadlines.
- Self-motivated and possess initiative and self-reliance, but also the ability to work as part of a team.