Shift Manager - West Yorkshire
4 on 4 off, 2 x days, 2 x nights (12-hour shifts) followed by 14 days off.
Are you an experienced shift manager with a voice that wants to be heard?
Can you bring quality leaderships skills and innovative ideas?
If so, read on…
Manpower is partnering with a leading chemical manufacturer in their search for a Shift Manager. Based at their West Yorkshire location, the role will be reporting into the Head of Site Operations and be responsible for day to day running of the manufacturing plant to ensure that production meets the forecast requirements of the business safely, efficiently and timely.
The company's portfolio of specialist chemicals are used in a range of industries such as agriculture, food, and water treatment. Their COMAH site in West Yorkshire is the focus of investment, and this role will be critical in supporting its goal of becoming a centre of excellence in manufacturing.
You will work as part of a 5 man shift team to provide continuous cover 24/7, managing the production activities of all the plants and utilities on site. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing activities of the plant process operators and maintenance teams to ensure production output is aligned to business requirement
- Act as Site Incident Controller
- Provide site shift management and security outside normal working hours
- Be solutions driven and demonstrate the ability to identify and resolve problems, implementing long term solutions through process/ system improvement
- Manage the work schedules of the individual operators
- Issue permits to work where applicable
- Effectively lead a diverse workforce - identifying training and development needs
- Deliver training and toolbox talks
- Perform internal audits of the site
- Participate in HaZop studies as required
This role will be ideal for a candidate that possesses the following skills and experience;
- Top tier chemical manufacturing experience
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of 5 years' experience, or 10 years job related experience
- 5 years' experience within a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of best practice manufacturing and materials management systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of Supply chain theory and practise
Apply today if you are interested in discussing further!