An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Formulation Scientist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, to be based at their R&D facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral.
This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, working a 37.5-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying £25,536 pro rata per annum.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in our Global Research and Development Centre in Port Sunlight within the Hair Design Group. This role comprises working across all of our cleitns hair care brands to provide formulation our cleints largest and is unmatched in the diversity of its consumers, products, channels and trends. That's just one of the reasons it attracts great talent. This energising role spans our amazing hair care brands with consumer-focussed product development opportunities
The specific tasks associated with the role are summarised below:
- Support/lead the development and formulation of new products (e.g. performance validation, specifications, patents, regulatory, safety) across multiple projects.
- Design, plan and execute own work plans, ensuring compliance with COSHH, GLP and SOP requirements.Â
- Prepare and characterise products at lab, including measuring rheological properties, physical/sensory evaluations and storage stability tests etc.
- Data analysis & communication: statistical analysis of data and clear communication of results and recommendations, via presentations and formal written reports.
- Assist with project & technical risk management, ensuring technical action standards are met at key decision points
- Effective collaboration within cross-functional teams in different geographies, across multiple projects.
- Develop technical mastery of hair care formulations; technologies, hair science, measurement understanding
- Use understanding of consumer and business needs to generate ideas for new products and strengthen the technical product portfolio & funnel.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 1 year working in a laboratory environment
- Great people skills; building and maintaining relationships. Ability to work well both independently and as part of a wider cross-functional team.
- Proactive problem solver with analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to interpret data
- Knowledge of data management and analysis tools
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about brands and their consumers & a creative thinker