Manpower UK are currently partnered with an innovative Manufacturer and Wholesaler in Rochester on their search for a new Supply Chain Manager, to join their growing team ahead of some exciting changes this year.
The Supply Chain Manager will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of the complete supplier-to-customer supply chain, namely sales order processing, purchasing, stock management, logistics and complaints handling.
The Supply Chain Manager will be an absolutely crucial part of the team and will oversee a small number of direct reports, including the Export Administrator, Stock Control & Warehouse team.
- Select hauliers, negotiate rates and monitor levels of service taking remedial action where necessary
- Ensure all imports/exports undertaken in accordance with necessary requirements in order to minimise delays and avoid unnecessary costs
- Ensure AEO certified status maintained, including site security with respect to issuing cards, fobs and keys, and any breech of security. Undertake audits of suppliers and storage locations where required
- Manage and monitor inventory levels and accuracy ensuring cyclical stock counts undertaken and appropriate systems in place to record inventory movements
- Negotiate and manage larger in-direct Company contract
- Acting pro-actively to continuously develop staff and improve staff engagement
- Forecasting of inventory requirements and Purchase order entry as required
- Responsible of all shipments to China and India subsidiaries
- Liaison with key suppliers of raw materials and production schedules
This role will be most suitable for someone from a Logistics background who is also experienced with managing imports & exports, international trade and the processes post-Brexit. Knowledge of Incoterms and a IoE Qualification are a huge benefit.
The salary on offer is £35-40,000 per annum dependent on experience.
This will be an office-based position (social distancing measures in place).
If you are interested in this position and would like more information please apply ASAP.