My Client is a global leader in the manufacture of thermoplastic masterbatch, plastic & polymer products, & I am currently looking to add to their Supply Chain Team with a Manufacturing Supply Chain Supervisor
The Supply Chain Department provides a centralised sourcing service to the European business, across multiple locations & works in conjunction with the Production Team. Sourcing incorporates both direct and indirect spend, & involves pricing, sourcing & all technical raw product management.
What does your day look like?
You will have overall responsibility for the finished product shipments at the manufacturing plant. This includes responsible product management, inventory control and finished goods shipping, in accordance with all transport requirements and regulations such as dangerous goods, exports and associated security of these items. You will develop responsibility for all the finished product data integrity and the flow of information and functions as the point of contact for any issues that may delay Customer fulfilment, whilst providing leadership for and coordinating any required activities of shipping department.
What do you need to succeed in your new role?
· Experience within a batch/blending/chemical manufacturing industry with a proven track record
· Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma
· SAP SD
· Dangerous Goods Master & upto date knowledge of the DGSA
· Experience of Pricing, contract management and negotiation as well as cost and budget management
· Experience of managing direct reports
· Health and safety procedural experience
· Work well under pressure and prioritise accordingly
· Self-starter with excellent planning and organisational skills
· Ability to analyse data, statistics and produce clear and effective reports
· Experience with continuous improvement and problem-solving techniques
· Microsoft Office package including Outlook, Excel and Word
· Inventory/Purchasing systems
What will your main responsibilities be?
· You will be responsible for the supply of raw materials to enable the critical business function of manufacturing additive and colourant concentrates.
· Assisting in improving supply chain efficiency and reducing total material costs considering inbound freight, import duty, internal receiving and handling procedures, internal quality control processes, packaging etc.
· Development of raw material quality in partnership with suppliers and internal technical and quality functions;
· Supporting the qualification of new suppliers and the evaluation and approval of their products.
· Ensuring that the 'Clean, Calm, Motivated and Safe' measures and actions are consistently carried out and are aligned with targets.
· Reviewing requirements for, implementing and communicating any changes relating to ADR and IATA.
· Managing the criteria around the Security Certificate, implementing and communicating to all involved whilst ensuring that this process is transparent and ready for immediate transfer to another manager's accountability.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then click apply now or call for immediate consideration.