An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Order Fulfilment Specialist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, working a 36.25 hour week, to start as soon as possible. This role is paying up to £28,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
*This role does include some weekend work and some 'on-call' days up to 17 weekends per year pro rata*
The core responsibilities of the Order Fulfilment Specialist role are to process customer orders and to ensure customers receive orders on time in full.
- Resolving order blocks (e.g. incorrect product codes, stock availability issues etc..), this activity will require working with other teams (e.g. The Hub, Planning, Customer Facing, Master Data)
- Ensuring orders are processed in a timely manner to comply with order cycle cut off times
- Ensuring pre-determined customer prioritisation rules are followed when there are stock shortages
Liaising with warehouse and distribution teams to ensure on-time delivery
- Ensuring processes are followed to confirm all orders are received by the warehouse and distribution teams
Optimising fulfilment of orders
- Setting up quotas, reservations and allocations on behalf of Order Fulfilment Clan leads
- Management of allocations over weekend
- Updating Procomm
- Sending out tailored reports as defined by, or required to support, order fulfilment activities.
Accurately capturing and improving performance issue
- Accurately capturing and coding losses to allow for route cause analysis and improved customer service level
- Refining processes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the operational team
Knowledge & Skills Required
The Order Fulfilment Specialist role works closely with the Hub, Customer Facing, Master Data, and Planning teams to enable efficient and effective processing of orders. In addition, the Order Fulfilment Specialists are the first line contact to 3PLPs to ensure timely processing and delivery of customer orders.
- Able to work accurately and quickly, to ensure key order processing milestones are achieved within the day, even when working under pressure.
- Strong customer service mindset, going the "extra mile" to ensure our customers always have a positive experience when dealing with other employees
- Desire to work as part of a team, naturally having a positive impact on the team and putting the needs of the team first.