Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
About the role
The Assistant Project Manager operates in support of Project Managers covering specific project tasks, deputising for the lead Project Manager or sometimes managing non-complex projects under supervision.
The Assistant Project Manager is be expected to apply the central project management competencies to a sufficient level. They are unlikely to have full-delegated accountability for project financial, commercial and resource decision-making but may apply these aspects under varying levels of supervision and/or sub project delegation.
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project-reporting data on Project Controls and Finance systems
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
You will require full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out including application of core project management techniques.
Ideally, you will have recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector, awareness of various contracting methodologies (eg FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…) and awareness of Engineering principles and common project challenges
You will require a bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent) and APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) (previously APMP) working towards Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.
Closing Date: 22nd April 2021