Manpower is recruiting an Operations Manager with our client who are a large producer of construction materials.
The successful person will have overall responsibility for asphalt production across Northern Ireland and Donegal. You will manage the planning, scheduling, coordination, and control of the asphalt manufacturing process, ensuring that product is of the highest quality and produced safely, efficiently and at the right cost.
Reporting to the contracts director, your role will also include managing both the operations process and operations strategy, providing leadership in quality, safety, housekeeping and improving cost reduction.
Covering multi-site operations, there will be travel involved across production plants
- Overall responsibility for operation of asphalt plants across Northern Ireland & Donegal.
- Manage teams and operations to ensure that asphalt products are manufactured effectively, efficiently, safely, on-time, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that asphalt and other bituminous products meet quality specifications.
- Ensure all asphalt operations maintain the highest standards in safety, quality, environment and maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining certification's, permits and inspections to be current and complete.
- Manage asphalt plant operations ensuring they are properly staffed with qualified, well trained employees, including mentoring and motivating the workforce.
- Review monthly production costs and adjust operations in line with budgets
- Monitor site performance and develop annual KPI's to increase performance levels
- Proactive and effective communication with customers, dealing with customers to resolve complaints
- Work with the contracting department to ensure the required supply of asphalt and other bituminous products meet their contracting needs.
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level is desirable but not essential
- Proven working knowledge of asphalt plant operations
- Production Manager experience with a similar industry is desirable
- Strong understanding of production & manufacturing best practice
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Can motivate, mentor and coach staff
- Can analyse information, make sound decisions and solve problems
Rewarding salary package in line with the level of this role, you will be joining a large and successful group in the construction materials industry.