Manpower is recruiting a Transport Planner with our client based in Portadown who have experienced significant growth recently.
Suitable candidates will need experience in a Transport Planner role or similar in a transport environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing transport firm in the refrigerated transport sector.
- Prepare daily work schedule and routes for drivers
- Accommodate additional customer orders efficiently on a daily basis
- Ensure that the performance of drivers is effectively managed ensuring the under-performance is managed and excellence is recognised
- Manage holiday schedules and time keeping of all drivers
- Ensure activities within operations are carried out with the highest regard to health and safety and well-being of all employees, customers, and members of the public in accordance with legal, environmental and company policies
- Bring to the attention of the Senior Managers any complaints from both customers and drivers
What we are looking for
- Experience as a Transport Planner
- Strong knowledge of transport industry, driver hours and CPC
- Experience dealing with customers, drivers and hauliers
- Excellent communicator and can work in a fast paced environment
- Good geographical knowledge of Ireland
Competitive salary range depending on experience