Senior BIOS Developer
Role is a Senior Embedded Software Engineer working in platform UEFI /BIOS development. The roles incorporates the full software development life cycle from requirements planning and analysis to design and development, test and support, using best in class development processes. The person must be able to understand customer requirements, work as part of a team and solve problems which require hardware understanding.
* Primary Degree in Electronics, Software Engineering or related fields.
* 5-10+ year's experience in Software Development in an embedded environment
* Excellent knowledge of C, especially in developing embedded or real-time software.
* Experience of one of the major BIOS code bases (AMI, Phoenix, Insyde).
* UEFI Driver development experience
* X86 hardware, platform and architecture knowledge.
* Experience of open source firmware such as Coreboot, Linuxboot.
* Working knowledge with payloads and bootloaders such as TianoCore, Grub, UBoot
* Large systems debug experience and strong problem solving skills essential.
* Good organisational and written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Permanent, full time employment.
* Salary range - competitive
* Flexitime and paid holidays
* Company Pension contributions
* Health Insurance
The candidate must have a valid visa to work in Ireland.