An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to our client.
You will be expected to have excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, and an understanding of maintaining confidentiality. The post holder will need to meet deadlines, and maintain standards relating to administrative processes, with the ability to exercise initiative, operating within procedural guidelines and to plan ahead and prioritise workload in response to changing demands. The successful candidate will be computer literate and be efficient in using the Microsoft Office packages and hospital based WPAS.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing a highly specialised comprehensive and confidential secretarial service
- Audio transcription of clinic letters, medical reports, operation notes.
- Diary management, arranging meetings and appointments
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
Essential qualifications and experience:
- RSA II or equivalent qualification in Audio typing/word processing or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience as audio typist/secretary within a health care setting. Experience of DMS is desirable.
- Experience of using WPAS (previously known as MYRDDIN)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Able to function efficiently under pressure and able to meet strict deadlines.
The role is offering a competitive salary for the successful candidate starting from £10.29 per hour rising after a 12 week period to £11.20 per hour.
This is a temporary assignment. We are looking for someone to start in May subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
Please apply with an up to date CV or call for more information.