Competitive salary and benefits
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear, we are proud to be the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force. The breadth of our expertise means we are able to offer unrivalled experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
We are looking for a Bid Manager to ensure submission of winning bids - increasingly frequently in competitive (as opposed to sole source) situations. Bids will be submitted across all Cavendish Nuclear market areas and range in value, technical solution and commercial model.
As the Bid Manager, you will lead a team engaged on an opportunity, operating most notably between Gate 3 (Bid/No Bid) and Gate 5 (Preferred Bidder) status. On occasions, you could manage a prequalification phase following Gate 2. Success will be achieved through application of skills, experience and the company Business Winning process. Managing stakeholder inputs and interests from across the business is a key requirement.
- The primary area of accountability will be to lead the preparation and submission of winning bids. This will require strong team and internal stakeholder management skills - as well as often engaging external supply-chain/partners or other sectors of Babcock.
- To submit bids that in doing so have met all schedule milestones and completed to budget agreed at outset.
- To prepare for and lead an opportunity through the CN governance process and gate and coloured reviews. This will require a working appreciation and knowledge of the Business Winning process.
- To identify, secure and mobilise capability and functional support from across the business and external supply-chain. Including, and in conjunction with the Proposal Manager engagement of resource needed to ensure generation of high-scoring proposal responses.
- To provide the business with regular progress updates and liaise within the business to manage / mitigate issues which threaten successful bid progress.
- To ensure application of LFE - in two respects. Firstly within context of the proposed solution and its development and secondly in recognising improvements to a bid that can be gained by on-boarding customer feedback from past relevant projects and bids.
- Engage with a varied range of SMEs, capability, functional and business personnel during bid preparation - and for coloured reviews e.g. green team review.
- Ensuring post-tender / pre-contract submission that clarifications and customer-facing requirements are suitably met and that business delivery has a suitable handover and transfer of ownership.
As well as working for the most high-profile nuclear organisation in the UK, we also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
Ideally, you will hold an APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent. You will have experience of bid management and project management working in the Nuclear industry.
What else do I need to know?
You will work a minimum of 37 hours per week Monday to Friday and we offer flexible working. This role can be done remotely but you must be able to commit to regular site visits. If you have a project management background then this would be a fantastic opportunity to develop your bid management experience with future prospects of progressing your career through Cavendish Nuclear Project Management Teams. In addition, you must be able to achieve the appropriate Security Clearance level for this role.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.