Human Resources Assistant
Would you like an opportunity to gain Human Resources experience in a busy Human Resources (HR) team in a world leading University? Do you have experience of working in an office environment and enjoy working in a role with variety? Are you customer focused with the ability to manage multiple tasks?
We are looking to recruit a pro-active HR Assistant to support the provision of an excellent and effective HR service. You will have experience of working in a customer-facing office environment, with strong organisational skills and a proactive approach to managing a busy workload. With proficient IT skills, including use of excel, you will be able to prioritise your own work to meet deadlines. You will have the ability to deal with information confidentially and sensitively, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. You will work as part of a team to provide a high level of customer service to support the recruitment and employment of our 9,500 staff.
As a Human Resources Assistant your main duties will include:
- Providing effective and efficient administrative support;
- Responding efficiently and professionally to enquiries or requests for information, using guidelines and procedures to resolve problems;
- Responding flexibly to business needs across the Service/Faculty and contributing to team decision making;
- Building effective working relationships and contributing experience, support and advice to colleagues across the HR Service;
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of processes and practises within the HR Service;
- Accurately recording and maintaining information using University systems and in compliance with University policies and legal regulations, producing reports as and when required;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in ways of working through commitment to own learning and development.
As a Human Resources Assistant you will have:
- Previous administrative experience gained through working in a fast paced office environment;
- Experience of delivering an excellent customer service;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to proactively organise and prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines and deal with conflicting demands;
- The ability to contribute to continuous improvement of processes and systems;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to produce and process data in accordance with regulations;
- Proficient IT skills;
- A commitment to participating in development and learning opportunities.