Fibre Network Designer / Fibre Network Planner - Core & Backbone - FFTH / FTTP
FTTP - ISP, Fibre Optic, Broadband Media, Networks & Telecoms, PIA, FTTP, ISP, Fibre Optic, Broadband Mapinfo or OSPInsight or GSuite for Network Plans, GPON, Wi-Fi, Network Protocols, Network Planning, Network Design, Fibre Mapping, Splicing Diagrams, Fibre Junction Schematics, BoM's including Network Build Packs and Validation Packs to Network Handover Packs.
London, West End - £38,000pa to £44,000pa
Excellent Benefits Package includes - Bonus, WFH, Pension, Health, Dental, 32 Days Holiday + Career Development
Due to increased investment, this dynamic and growing network services provider are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused Network Designer and Planner to add value to the current team of Fibre Network Designers and Planners.
Before Applying! - Be aware of these key Initial points:
- In this role you will be responsible for conducting detailed Fibre Optic Network Mapping to meet Design Specifications for Civilian and Fibre Builds for Customer (Private & Corporate) Installations.
- You will conduct detailed fibre mapping to meet design specifications for the fibre network.
- You will be using Mapinfo or OSPInsight or GSuite or other applications to plan and issue Fibre Work Packs
- You will produce PON area network plans, and checking subsequent implementation of fibre builds for completeness and alignment with the Network Plan
- You will liaise with internal and external teams and other third parties as part of your role
- You will deliver planning support to set targets, including premises passed, street units built, areas and street cabs planned
The role involves planning and coordinating changes to the network to ensure that maintenance, upgrades and expansion work is conducted in accordance with the design methodology
Although there is a solid level of technical experience required, this role also needs functional expertise as your responsibilities will include:
- Strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
With a solid background in Telecomms and Fibre, the experience you have gained will need to include:
- Excellent and proven experience of FTTP/FTTC build and experience of GPON (ITU-T G984)
- GIS/CAD experience and SLD Creation
- Experience of managing projects and tasks, guiding and driving all stake holders as necessary
- Knowledge of Fibre Types / Modes, Connector Types, Fibre Splicing, Termination Principles and Practices
- Have Access Network Fibre Planning experience within the Telecoms arena
- A proven track record of planning successful projects
- The ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
Highly Desirable Experience to Include:
- Experience with OSPinsight
- Experience with Fibre PlanIT
- Experience with other drafting/GIS tools such as AutoCAD, Smallworld etc.
Previous experience with large network and telecoms carriers such as BT Openreach, Virgin Media will be advantageous.
Planning experience with PIA will secure your interview!
Take this opportunity to rise above your peers and secure a role to elevate your Fibre Networks career.
Please apply today, send CV or call Paul on 07515 325444 for an informal chat