Senior Analyst (PDM Vault/Teamcenter)
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking for a Senior Analyst (PDM Vault/Teamcenter) to join the Through Life Engineering Management Solutions team based in Bristol.
We're a key strategic partner to our customers and we ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying our core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
The main purpose of the Through Life Engineering Management Solutions team is to help develop and maintain engineering solutions and systems in accordance with the solutions roadmap - in order to fully support business requirements and deliver solutions in line with the IT strategy. The solutions are a variety of CAD, CAM, PDM/PLM applications.
The main purpose of a Senior Analyst (PDM Vault/Teamcenter) is to develop, maintain and demonstrate solutions and systems.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure support incidents and work orders are resolved within defined SLA's
- Delivery of work packages into large and small projects
- Maintain existing solutions, infrastructure, configurations and operations in order to meet SLA's
- Deliver training courses in various applications as well as new solution workshops
- Ensure that all new solutions align with the roadmap authored by the Solution Manager
- Develop and coordinate environment, application and user testing regimes
- Identify new ideas, solutions and areas for improvement within the team
- Apply the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an effective way
What do I need to do the role?
- An engineering background and ideally have an Engineering Degree or HNC
- Be an expert in either PDM Vault or Teamcenter, including configuration
- Broad knowledge in IT/technical applications
- Excellent customer engagement and analysis skills
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate will need to hold or be eligible to attain the required Security Clearance.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs. This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.