Overall Department Direction
Energy & Marine (E&M) is a business unit within the Marine Division of Babcock International Group. E&M Engineering is a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine, system engineering, electrical engineering design and project support services to the marine and defence markets worldwide. We have vast experience in engineering, construction, concept design and through life support for a wide range of front line naval and auxiliary support vessels.
The Division is expanding rapidly with complex, high-profile defence projects including Type 31 Frigate Design & Build Programme and the Successor Programme as well as providing engineering services to the UK Surface Ship and Submarine fleet. In addition, ongoing additional framework agreements, infrastructure projects, export markets and research & development projects. Therefore, we are looking to grow our existing team, building on a well-established foundation of over 700 staff across the UK.
About the Role
We are looking for a Certification Lead to be responsible for delivering the various activities associated with certification, residing within different functional and technical areas. The Certification Lead will be assigned with the responsibility for delivering the management arrangements set out in the Certification Management Plan (CMP).
As the Certification Lead, you will oversee activities, monitor progress and report to the Deputy Programme Director against agreed performance indicators through the Requirements & Acceptance Manager and T31 Programme Manager. You will sit within the Requirements and Acceptance Team and work with the Requirements & Acceptance Manager to deliver the certification requirements to achieve the programme milestones.
- Delivering the certification management arrangements in the CMP and maintaining the CMP, re-issuing as required
- Capture certification data within the MCDB, maintaining records to ensure that it is up to date. Liaise with the functional areas/technical areas as necessary
- Oversee progress for delivering certification data, understanding and communicating risks and issues and assessing the implications of any delay
- Attend the Certification Steering Group to capture outcomes and ensure that requirements are cascaded to the appropriate areas for action or management
- Support certification Working Groups as required monitoring progress, reviewing outcomes and assessing risks, issues or opportunities
- Identify and report on certification KPI
- Providing routine briefs on the delivering the certification requirements. To include Risks, Issues and Opportunities
What do I need to do the role?
Ideally, you will be Degree qualified but HND/HNC level qualification in a STEM discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered. It will be beneficial if you are a member of a relevant institution and hold Chartered or Incorporated status (or be working towards). You will have project management experience with a technical understanding and, ideally, hold a project management qualification (APMP etc.).
You will have experience of certification management within a defence or civil marine environment.
You will have a technical background and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills due to the levels of stakeholder management required by the role.
What else do I need to know?
- You will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. To find out more please check our career website.