Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of our global freight forwarding client for an Imports Operator to join our clients growing Ocean team based at their Manchester office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful global logistics company at a time of transformation.
The core focus of this role is to provide an efficient operational and excellent customer service.
- Customer service - providing excellent Customer Service to all our Customers. Dealing directly with and developing relationships with customers by telephone or electronically
- Operationally handle Import bookings and process in our in-house system for shipment for
- Full understanding of operational requirements relating to Ocean Import Bookings, including documentation to be issued and/or managed in accordance to customers instructions.
- To ensure that the customer is invoiced accurately and within expected company timeframe.
- Full understanding of Industry Standard Documentation.
- Proactively grow our business from existing customers and cross sell at all opportunities.
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify new opportunities to increase GP levels. Maintaining financial awareness as well as business acumen.
- Experience of working in an Ocean freight environment is essential, demonstrable experience within Imports required.
- Strong proven planning & organisational skills.
- Strong demonstrable customer service skills.
- A collaborator and effective team player.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Should you feel you have the relevant experience to fulfil this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.