An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Formulation Scientist, based at their Port Sunlight Research site. This is a full-time temporary role to run until end of December 2021, 37.5 hour week, paying between £21,224 and £25,536 per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
Unfortunately we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in our Global Research and Development Centre in Port Sunlight. This role comprises working across the key hair brands on the product formulation of our Hair Styling Portfolio.
- Support the development and formulation of new products (e.g. performance validation, specifications, patents, regulatory, safety) across key projects.
- Design, plan and execute own work plans, ensuring compliance with COSHH, GLP and SOP requirements.
- Prepare and characterise products within the lab, including measuring rheological properties and physical/sensory evaluations.
- Data analysis & communication: statistical analysis of data and clear communication of results and recommendations, via presentations and documentation.
- Assist with project & technical risk management, ensuring technical action standards are met at key decision points
- Effective collaboration within cross-functional teams in different geographies, across multiple projects.
- Develop technical mastery of hair care formulations; technologies, hair science, measurement understanding
- Use understanding of consumer and business needs to generate ideas for new products and strengthen the technical product portfolio & funnel.
- Degree or higher qualification in a relatable scientific subject, MSc will also be considered.
- Previous lab experience desirable but not essential
- Great people skills; building and maintaining relationships. Ability to work well both independently and as part of a wider cross-functional team.
- Proactive problem solver with analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to interpret data
- Knowledge of data management and analysis tools
- Good communication skills