* 5+ years proven experience actively working with Solaris and/or Linux in a production operational environment
* Fully familiar with standard operational activity including, scheduling, batch run, backup and recovery, Unix Scripting, User Management and Monitoring.
* Knowledge of the Veritas tool set including Foundation Suite, Clustering and NetBackup.
* Familiarity with the concepts of Unix storage and ideally have worked with SUN/Oracle, EMC or Fujitsu disk storage solutions.
* technical documentation production, can demonstrate technical leadership
* Flexibility on travel within Ireland for short term assignment
* Experience providing consultancy to customers, recommendations and operational improvements etc.
* Experienced in most areas of the solution lifecycle.
* IT Certifications, good technical training background
Optional Skills in:
* Clouts technologies including AWS and Azure
* Audit background including SOX
* ISSP or other security equivalent qualification
* Exposure to an Corporate Anti-Virus Solutions
* Smart Cards / Tokens
* Understands Social Hacking Techniques
* Penetration Testing
* Exposure to Intrusion detection software and Appliances.
* Knowledge of Cisco / Juniper / or other networks vendors
* Securing Wireless LAN's and Access points
* RSA (Radius / Tokens) or similar product
* Tripwire or Real Secure
Role Responsibilities include:
* Proactive monitoring of managed service components
* Preventative maintenance
* Maintenance and administration of the Solaris and Linux environments
* Maintenance and administration of NetBackup and Commvault environments
* SAN Storage management and allocation
* Resolving issues with vendors including Oracle, EMC and Veritas
* Day to day administration of the Solaris and Linux environments.
* Manage faults reactively, diagnosing and resolving faults when they arise
* Manage fault calls assigned to the role
* Draft and implement agreed Change Requests
* Maintain software and hardware to supported levels, patching/upgrading as required.
* Installation, integration and maintenance and administration of central services.
* Handling complex escalated technical customer or partner issues.
* On site debugging of complex hardware and/or software issues
* Support, analysis and proactive monitoring of Network and servers with appropriate software tools and method.
* Update and upgrade complex IT products and systems
* Handling and resolving routine tasks and problems
* Makes knowledge available to partners and colleagues.
* Ownership of assigned tasks and resolution of customer problems within SLA
Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, a Fortune 500 Global Business. We've been powered by our people since 1948. That's 70 years of making dreams reality. We don't make our people; we are made by them and have been since the very beginning. Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based solutions. We operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals across the IT, Finance and Engineering sectors every day. Few companies can match our scope, our history of success, or our reputation as the global leader in professional talent and workforce solutions - and that's why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turn to us for the professional talent that will set them apart. We're a different kind of talent company. We know that peak performance is humanly possible. We help our clients and our talent to achieve it through our deep industry knowledge and an unmatched understanding of human potential. We precisely deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions, enhancing the competitiveness of the organisations and people we serve. From interim and permanent recruitment, to managed services and consulting; we deliver high-impact solutions that enable our clients to achieve more than they ever thought possible.