International Trade & Logistics Operations Technician
Maternity Leave Contract
Role involves working in the Foreign Trade and Logistics Operations Dept. which includes International Trade, Transport, Stock, and Quality monitoring, review and management support.
Generate documentation related with international activities; invoices, packing list, etc and consolidate with the rest of the documents issued by other departments in order to coordinate the shipments to the final destination.Support the legal formalities, compliancy and reporting related with international activities in/out Dublin; Intrastat, Tariff classification etc.Support in providing instructions to customs agents to customs clear shipments inbound/outbound.Transportation coordination with freight forwarders approved according with regulatory and business requirements, following the transport companies, routes and timelines validated.Support in stock monitoring, review and management forecasting shipment bookings with freight forwarders and coordinating with customer service to schedule and optimise shipments.Support in quality affairs, monitoring, review and closing out of outstanding requirements with regard GDP compliance, deviations and other quality matters.Support in monitoring, review and transport requirements, setting up new routes, carrying out risk assessments, validating routes and maintaining shared files with regard transport information and requirements.Coordinate internally with various departments to organise shipments and externally with transport companies for transport requirements. Prepare shipping paperwork; send pre-alert emails to customers etc.
- Candidates should have minimum 3 years' experience in International Trade, Logistics, and/or Customer Service or a Supply Chain role with the ability to communicate well across various departments and also externally with third parties.
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree, min. requirement is Leaving Certificate
- Good people skills and an effective communicator.
- Have ability to source information and disseminate as required.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas (not an exhaustive list) is also required: Import/Export procedures for International trade e.g. have an understanding of Incoterms, product classification (Taric codes) etc.
- Stock management and Quality related experience would be beneficial.
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make structured decisions on a routine basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- CGxP environment knowledge an advantage
- Hands-on experience with SAP or ERP systems an advantage
- Knowledge of cold chain transport an advantage
- Experience working with temperature controlled products & temp data loggers an advantage