What does your new role look like?
Working in a Global leader of aluminium processing & recycling, you will provide support and expertise to ensure safe, high recovery, DC casting. Provide support and expertise in molten metal treatment operations to ensure metal quality requirements are met or exceeded. Provide general process technical support in areas of scrap pre-treatment, decoating and melting. To lead development activity geared to casting related quality and productivity improvements Provide support and expertise in operation and maintenance of the OES analytical equipment. This is a 'World Class Manufacturing' Client who strive for operational excellence at all times & expect to maintain this standard through their working practices & colleague support.
What's in your work DNA
- Educated to degree level in chemical/metallurgy/mechanical/electro
- You have a background in quality & continuous improvement
- You focus on process control
You will become an integral part of the Technical Department providing casting expertise, ensure safe casting& achievement of planned casting recoveries. You will liaise with production operators to understand their issues & develop strategies for improved practices and control.
- You will play a critical factor in can ingot production
- working closely with operators will be a key factor in the success of quality levels being maintained and improved.
- ensuring an appropriate control strategy for replacement of consumables
- implementing systems to ensure correct procedures are followed
- Key control issues are standards
- management of the operation and maintenance of the optical emission spectrometers (OES)
- other routine laboratory operations
- timely and eﬀective response to address any quality issues
- improving performance in areas identified by customers to ensure status as #1 supplier
As a Process Engineer/Specialist you will become part of a network of similar personnel in the organisation & will be expected to leverage all contacts to make good use of the combined expertise that this network provides. Emphasis will be on ﬁnding solutions to problems quickly & eﬀectively rather than necessarily solving the problems oneself. A push towards increased automation will be valued, and the job holder will be expected to work closely with all departments on the plant.
In addition to providing casting expertise, you will be part of a team providing technical support in areas of raw material quality, shredding, decoating, melting & batch control. You will be an essential part of the Plant's continuous improvement activities in casting or any other areas of the business.
You will supervise the day to day running of the laboratory, with responsibilities:
- Supervision of OES maintenance and calibration control,
- Certification of ingot chemical analysis,
- Monitoring and control of casting water treatment systems, analysis of metal cleanliness samples and maintenance of metal cleanliness analysers.
This is a working 24/7 site & there may be some requirement for you as a Process Specialist to be contacted out of hours for advice, or occasionally might have to attend out of normal hours in person (you will be reimbursed for time & overtime) .
You will develop relationships to provide both support & data by working closely with:
- Casting operators / Team Leaders
- Shift Leaders
- Technology & Business Development Manager
- Production Manager
- Production Leader
- Engineering Manager
- Electrical / Control Engineer
- Molten Metal Processing (MMP) Experts
- Peers in other cast houses
- Internal and External Customers
- Equipment / consumable / tooling vendors
If this sounds like the role for you , then click apply now or give me a call to discuss