Are you a Lead Technical/Mechanical Engineer, with food industry experience?.. or a Technical Engineering Manager looking for your next opportunity? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
Established in 2007, this Specialised Mechanical/Manufacturing Company has grown steadily, with expansion being carefully planned. The stages of growth included moving premises, with a modern office in Farnborough, which accommodates the Company management team, service centre, sales team and a Training Academy.
The Company Director has made the decision to step slightly back from the day to day running of the business, and is now looking for a Technical Manager to step in and take the helm.
What you'll be doing...
This person will take control of the Farnborough business functions and will report to the Director.
- Lead from the front during problem-solving sessions by understanding and empowering the team, articulating clearly the context and business rationale.
- Possess a working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma waste elimination and defect removal.
- Partner with department leads to drive continuous process improvements and innovation.
- Be a subject matter expert, lead the team by example and have strategic influence.
- Help staff to develop their career plans and assign project work tailored to their skillsets and aspirations.
- Metrics driven to measure and track the progress of feature development and productivity of the team.
- Work with other leaders to continuously improve the overall development processes.
- Ability to pick up functional knowledge of the Company's at a fast pace.
- Provide continuous feedback and create action plans for both under and high performing team members.
You're a match if...
You have 2+ years of prior relevant technical lead or management experience. Someone who grew into management from an individual contributor role.
HNC or Bachelor's plus 3 year's experience in a management role.
Experienced in mentoring, managing staff.
Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction even under pressure.
Prior experience demonstrating the ability to understand technical architecture, review design work and provide feedback to a talented team of engineers.
Experience establishing and reviewing business metrics with the ability to articulate and provide visibility to the team on various business metrics ensuring every new feature developed meets and is tracked towards those metrics.
Ability to manage priorities set appropriate expectations with peer management and deliver features on time with high quality.
Ability to identify the training needs of various team members.
Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you APPLY NOW!