An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Gardener to join a passionate, fun and hardworking team in Oxford. The historic parks are open to the public and they are looking to expand the current team from next week.
Are you passionate about plants and great with people? Manpower is recruiting for skilled gardeners with excellent horticultural experience/training to join the gardening team in the heart of Oxford City.
Gardeners are responsible for creating, designing, maintaining and managing gardens, parks and green spaces.
The main tasks of a gardener include:
- Pruning trees, shrubs and hedges, mowing and cutting grass and lawns, looking after plants and flowers
- Maintenance of green spaces
- Cleaning and weeding
- Irrigation and irrigation system management
- Application of chemical and organic herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers
- Soil management activities
- Sowing, cultivation and propagation of plants, trees and shrubs
- Supplying plants for parks, private gardens and green spaces
- Designing and building gardens
- Other grounds maintenance tasks as and when required
Gardener skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of gardening techniques
- Knowledge of plant and flower care techniques
- Ability to use professional mowing, trimming and pruning equipment
- Strong manual skills
- Precision and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Health and physical fitness
If you have a passion for the great outdoors and you are currently looking for a new position, please get in touch ASAP.