My Client is currently going through some exciting manufacturing changes, and a move to an amazing new facility (less than a mile away). As a result of this, they are in need of a forward thinking & experienced Multi Skilled Engineer to join the Team, & be a part of their current progressive plans.
You will be experienced in Multi Skilled Maintenance in a manufacturing environment (with a lean towards electrical), with experience in maintaining complex electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. Preventative maintenance will be your main driver, ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the current & any amended PM schedules. Keeping the Maintenance Schedule as a focus , you will ensure that equipment downtime must be kept to an absolute minimum through timely and thoughtful fault diagnosis and rectification. You will be an active member of the team (3 engineers) supporting, & reporting to the Engineering Manager, with responsibility for delivering KPI targets set by your Operations Manager.
What do you need to succeed in your application?
- Minimum ONC or completion of Apprenticeship in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years' experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
- Health and Safety will be your highest priority at all times.
What will your day consist of?
Effectively planning and carrying out preventative maintenance procedures within the time framework given to you by the Engineering manager
- Timely response to rectification of breakdowns to minimise downtime and prevent repeat failures
- Maintain Engineering Stock Control completing regular audits, ensure all engineering tools are well maintained - correctly stored and kept clean to the highest of engineering standards. Manage all engineering consumables to ensure all are adequately supplied and stored in the appropriate and safe storage.
- Ensuring all equipment is safe to run and is cleaned to the highest possible standard on completion of all maintenance activities.
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Demonstrate and utilise your extensive knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Self-manage PPM planning & complete documentation integral to PPM Systems
- Work within a team environment
- Demonstrate a 'best in class' ability to work in a 5S environment ensuring work areas, tools, equipment and engineering stock are kept in an organised manner.
I look forward to receiving applications from those who can demonstrate their skills, experience & qualifications for this role.
A one off payment will be made to any employee who is put on the rota, i.e. on Standby (1 in 4) for on call duty at the weekend during the standby/call-out period specified above. This will be paid regardless of whether the employee is actually called out to work. The payments are as follows:
- £75 for being on standby on a Saturday
- £100 for being on standby in a Sunday