SAP Developer (UI5 & ABAP)
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a SAP Developer (UI5 & ABAP) to join our expanding team. This is a key role in the SAP team, where you will be responsible for the support, analysis, configuration and continuous improvement of the SAP user experience for enterprise applications.
- Responsible for assisting with specific system design and development activities relating to general SAP development, as well as the Fiori roadmap
- A subject matter expert in SAP Fiori / UI5, Personas and SlipStream technologies providing guidance across the stakeholder community, working within the Applications team to ensure all applications are fit for purpose and deliver business value
- Manage the UI5 applications supporting the solution lead for that functional area to ensure the processes using this data are robust
- Assisting with delivery of the Fiori roadmap
- Ensure delivery of good customer service through delivery of consistent, well documented, configuration of agreed developed solutions
- Assist the SAP Development Lead and team to control the configuration of all UI5 solutions
- Ensure solutions feed into operational metrics, scorecards, issue tracking and status reports delivered through the systems service
- Ensure any configurations and development work is completed and tested within agreed timescales and delivered to the standard and/or management application agreed with your line manager and change manager
- Ensure functional requirements and designs are approved and processes working with the quality and test team to drive up quality
- Work within the team to identify and suggest existing or new emerging standards and best practice for the service
What do I need to do the role?
You must be an experienced SAP ABAP Developer with solid experience of Fiori and UI5.
You must have strong SAP implementation experience with a broad knowledge of SAP functional areas (i.e. FI-CO, HCM, PM, PS, MM and SRM)
You must also have the ability to build successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups, as well as experience with security requirements, business process diagrams and the delivery of business focused technical solutions.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.