Leeds (M1 / M621 area).
£17,000 - £20,000 + overtime.
Part of wider group of engineering companies, my client is a world-leader in the production of anti-corrosion and wear-resistant coatings. They operate in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, defence and oil and gas and believe they have built their success on their first class service, only the highest quality standards and investing in their talented workforce; who are always appreciated and rewarded.
They continue to grow at an excellent rate and due to further expansion, an opportunity has now arisen for a Plating Operative to play a key role on their electroplating line. Does this sound like the type of secure role that can offer you the long-term, career prospects you are seeking?
Due to the nature of this role, the ideal candidate will already have experience of working with and understanding engineers' drawings. In an ideal world, you will come from a plating background and have a sound understanding of the treatment of metal components however, my client is also happy to consider people from the following backgrounds:
- Alternative metal finishing processes, such as anodising, heat treatment or galvanizing.
- Industries such as welding, fabrication and precision engineering, where attention to detail and working to engineers' drawings is key.
Regardless of where you come from, you will need to be a team player and comfortable working in a fast-moving industrial environment. The main duties for this role are as follows:
- Understanding and following all plating procedures associated with the process line.
- Consistently meeting production targets.
- Making routine additions to chemical solutions, with minimal supervision.
- Understanding and carrying out all aspects of inspection.
- Adhering to the quality system, in order to maintain ISO 9001.
- Ensuring all environmental aspects of your process adhere to the company ISO 14001 Environmental accreditation.
My client is offering a competitive starting salary of £17,000 - £20,000 for a 37 hour week, with overtime readily available at 1.33 times salary on weekdays, 1.5 on a Saturday and double time on a Sunday. You will also receive an excellent benefits package including life assurance and a company pension.
The company are realistically commutable from Leeds and the immediate area, so if you are local and the role is of interest to you, then please apply online.