Stores Operative - £24,000 per annum
Manpower are recruiting a Stores Operative for our client based in Longstanton (Cambridge) - who are a long standing construction engineering company who provide delivery and project management solutions to partners in fields such as Telecoms, highways and civil engineering, as well as the utilities sector.
As a Stores Operative you will be reporting to the Yard Supervisor and your primary focus areas will be controlling and recording the receipt and issue of all materials in the yard and warehouses, keeping the stock safe and secured, ensuring the yard and warehouses are tidy and well kept, in addition to maintaining the high level of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance as per the company policy.
In this role the main duties will include:
- Unload vehicles bringing materials to the yard, check materials against documentation, and store material according to agreed processes
- Load vehicles collecting materials from the yard, checking materials against relevant documentation
- Ensure all materials movement documents are filed and movements recorded on stock control software
- Perform periodic stock counts as necessary
- Record issue and receipt of Plant in the yard, and pass to Plant team
- Be alert to, and prevent or report, unauthorised removal of materials or plant from the yard
- Keep the yard secure, and prevent or report unauthorised access
- Dispose of yard waste according to agreed policy
- Keep all materials safe and in good condition. Look for ways to improve the way that materials are stored to promote swift materials movements, prevent damage, and support health and safety
- Be aware of all utilities shut off points, and fire prevention and detection equipment. Be competent in the operation of these in accordance with company policy
- Work proactively with other staff members in support of company objectives
- Report high or low stock holdings to Procurement team
To be successful in this role, candidates should be conscientious workers focused on delivering good work of your own initiative as well as being well aware of the importance of following and improving all agreed processes. We seek candidates who are able to work proactively and have the adequate fitness required for this role. Key behaviour traits include flexibility, relationship building, critical thinking, effective time management, attention to detail and above all a conscientious team player.
-Telehandler and forklift operator certificates desirable. Must have experience of operating at least one of these machines
-Full UK driver's licence
This position is a full-time permanent role, contracted to work 48 hours per week with occasional Saturdays.
If this role appeals to you, let us know and apply!