Maintenance Technician PLC programming controls
Maintenance Technician role to cover off all areas of preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance & repair work in a GMP manufacturing facility within the Grifols business in its Dublin headquarters in Grange castle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing planned preventative, predictive & corrective maintenance within the Grifols worldwide operations facility.
- Responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of packaging lines, process filling lines, black & clean utilities & plant equipment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and GMP during maintenance work, including maintaining the workshops and spare part storage areas in an organised and tidy condition at all time.
- To participate in all training and assessment activities related to the position e.g GMP training, equipment technical training, Health & Safety requirements and undertake additional tasks as assigned by the maintenance manager or maintenance supervisor.
- Continuous improvement of production processes equipment, by identifying and implementing improvement projects that will improve the operating effectiveness of equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of plant maintenance and calibration systems. Including software management systems. SAP PM
- To be familiar with all relevant SOP's equipment validation and controls for the operation and safe running of equipment.
- To assist with training of machine operators on machine set up, operations fault correction and adjustment.
- Respond to out of hours calls and emergencies.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Experience in high volume automation/ robotics required.
- Responsible for the day to day updating of SAP with the relevant work orders and the correction information relating to preventative, corrective and reactive maintenance tasks.
- Experience in PLC programming for Siemens, Omron, Allen & Bradley
- Experience in making adjustments to PLC programs for making fine adjustments based on recommended improvements.
- Performing associated risk assessments and change controls for all improvement projects
- Clear understanding of vision systems, Cognex, Systec is advantageous.
- Experience in manufacturing plant equipment & process equipment (HVAC, process equipment,).
- Senior trades qualification and at least 7 years post qualification experience.
- Senior trades in mechanical or electrical trade.
- Experience of hands-on of mechanical and electrical maintenance and troubleshooting of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing equipment, high volume packaging lines & plant equipment
- Pharmaceutical and or food experience desirable.
- Must possess superior written and verbal skills excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask.
- Experience in Pneumatics, electronics, hydraulics, Programmable controllers, servo drives and specifically vision systems
- Experience in a GMP environment.
- HVAC experience
- Clean utilities
- Clean process equipment
- SAP PM experience an advantage
- Experience in PLC Siemens, Omron, Allen & Bradley
- Qualification in Automation controls (desirable)