Our client, one of the UK's leading Energy providers is looking to recruit a Project Support Officer to provide resource, cost, and business planning support to the project and programme managers. They will ensure projects are compliant with company processes and ensure cost and resource information is readily available.
Nature and Scope
The Project Support Officer's role is to work as part of a team with Project Control Engineers (PCEs) to support Project & Programme Managers within Nuclear Decommissioning to deliver work in an effective and efficient manner.
The role will also be focussed on the development, implementation, monitoring, and ongoing update of the business plans using established Work Management processes in Nuclear Decommissioning.
In addition, the PSO will work with the PCEs to provide clear Management Information to Project, Programme, and Nuclear Decommissioning Management to help them implement accountabilities effectively.
- Support the PMs in establishing and managing Technical Support Alliance (TSA) contracts by liaising with the TSA Management Centre and Finance if required to ensure the correct paperwork and funding is in place.
- Be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the Branch budgets, Agency, and TSA Small Value Task/Instant Service Provision contracts
- Carry out accruals for the groups including those for agency workers
- Liaise with Finance for all finance issues on work packs including Investment projects
- Be the PM's first point of contact for all queries on processes and procedures relating to work management.
- Lead business planning in their groups by coordinating the activities of the PMs, Group Heads, Project Control Engineers, and Branch Managers.
- Provide up-to-date information throughout the year but in particular during the business planning round to allow the PMs and Nuclear Decommissioning Management to make informed decisions on prioritising the worklist.
- Support the PMs on securing engineering resource commitments (known as LAPs) during business planning.
- Support the PMs to ensure they are fully informed on the future requirements of the work
Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Good Knowledge of financial management processes and systems
- Able to question, analyse and report at various levels within the Technical Organisation
- Undertake budget incidencing
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to advise managers on best practice
- Competency with standard computer systems (Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP)
- Previous experience of financial and contract management in a distributed organisation with similar systems
- Ability to work on own initiative, and demonstrate an understanding of continuous improvement
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with our client, the duration of the role is until the end of December 2021 with scope of extending for the right candidate. You will be expected to undertake a drug and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC levels.
This role is managed by our Manpower on-site team and not related to the Bristol office - PLEASE DO NOT CALL BRISTOL OFFICE REGARDING THIS ROLE - if you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application then unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted at this time.