An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip company, responsible for the manufacture of PG Tips, is currently seeking a Dispatch Planner, based at Trafford Park, Manchester.(2-4 days will be based on site, plus some working from home) This is a full-time, temporary role to start ASAP for a period of 6 Months, paying £26,302 per annum pro rata. The role will work 37.50 hours week.
*Due to the urgent nature of this role we can only accept applications from candidates who have a 2-week notice period or less.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Ensure that the transport will be ordered according to the needs from the factory. Full responsibility for the customs clearance process.
- Manage the transport and customs clearance to the EU countries and USA/Canada.
- Develop value-added relationships with transportation team in order to keep a control of the dispatch plan.
- Follow strictly customs clearance process and improve the work efficiency where possible.
- Co-operate with the members of the planning team in order to response quickly to the changing environment and act fast.
- Work together with the warehouse team to optimize the work of the two departments.
- Report to Planning Manager the issues with the exporting the goods, delays in FG's delivery or customs clearance challenges.
- Breakthrough Thinking
- Understand business opportunities and obstacles, use common sense and an understanding of customers and consumers to identify problems and opportunities.
- Spot patterns, trends or discrepancies in information, then apply this insight in order to provide immediate business improvements.
- Organisational Awareness
- Understand formal and informal structures and processes of the organisation, and how to work in a matrix organisation.
- Recognise organisational culture and climate, understand unspoken organisational limits.
- Seizing the Future
- Display a desire for action, habitually equip themselves to be in a position to maximise opportunities.
- Take decisive action to create business improvements.
- Change Catalyst
- Are receptive and positive towards change, see change as a challenge and as an opportunity for themselves as well as for the business.
- Holding People Accountable
- Seek clarity around individual and team expectations to ensure delivery of results.
- Team Commitment
- Work co-operatively as a member of a team proactively sharing knowledge.
- Are positive role model for effective team working, facilitate the operation of the team of which they are a part.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Good knowledge of ERP systems, including - SAP and M/S Excel.
- Understanding of the dispatch process in details.
- Custom clearance experience would be preferable
- Proven experience in managing custom clearance process.
- Experience working in a similar planning role, gained either in a FMCG manufacturing or large retail environment
- Logical and analytical mindset, with a calm and level -headed approach
- Detail orientated
- Ability to react to situations and make decisions at short notice
- Experience working with a number of suppliers, preferably on a global scale